(Foreign economic activity)
History of Rendering Services to Foreign Customers
Customer: Chinese Flight Research Institute
R&D: Specialists training in the methods of conducting aircraft flight strength tests on the territory of the PRC. Period of service: 1994, 2001 and 2007.
Fitting and delivery of a flying test-bed on the basis of IL-76FTB aircraft. Period of service: 2004 and 2007.
Training of test pilots and a lead flight test engineer.
Period of service: 1994.
Customer: DRDO, GTRE (Gas Turbine Research Establishment)
R&D: Flight tests of the Indian «Kaveri» turbojet engine on IL-76FTB flying test-bed.
Period of service: 2008-2010.
R&D: Flight tests of SaM146 French-Russian engine for SSJ-100 aircraft.
Period of service: 2007-2009.
- Flight research and testing of aircraft and helicopters:
- Aerodynamics, stability and controllability, takeoff and landing characteristics, aircraft wheel control systems;
- Flight strength tests of aircraft;
- Flight research and testing of helicopters;
- Means of emergency escape from aircraft;
- Development of aircraft airworthiness standards and certification ;
- Studies of aerothermodynamics, flight dynamics and UAV control systems.
- Providing flight tests of aviation system prototypes:
- Development of route test complexes for ensuring flight tests of aviation complexes prototypes;
- Development of methodological support of aviation system flight tests and operation.
- Power plants:
Flight Research Technologies:
- Flight tests of power plants with gas turbine engines on flying test-beds;
- Investigation of aircraft engines performance;
- Investigation of the gas-dynamic stability of aircraft engines;
- Studies of the dynamic loading of aircraft engines;
- Fuel system research;
- Fire protection research;
- Studies of the power plant protection systems against the ingress of foreign objects;
- Investigation of the impact of aviation engine emissions on the environment;
- Studies of air pollution.
- Flying test-beds;
- Ground benches.
- Life support systems:
- Research of external factors impact on the onboard equipment;
- Investigation of the aircraft ice protection system;
- Studies of oxygen equipment and protective equipment;
- Studies of air purity in the aircraft cockpit.
- Research, testing and certification of flight-navigation and on-board equipment:
- The technology of flight tests of flight-navigation and on-board equipment using a system of on-board trajectory measurements (KBTI-M);
- Ground bench computing base;
- Flying test-beds and experimental aircraft;
- Mathematical software for processing and analysis;
- Research on benches, flying test beds, experimental aircraft;
- Regulatory — technical documentation;
- The use of flight-navigation and on-board equipment test technologies on experimental A/C with the application of KBTI at certification and State tests.
- Research and testing of radio communication systems and antenna-feeder devices.
- Research and protection of aircraft from lightning and static electricity.
- Studies of electromagnetic compatibility and resistance to high intensity fields (HIRF).
- Research and testing of the Earth remote sensing means .
- Flight tests of aircraft using the flight experiment control center:
- Flight Experiment Control Station;
- Flight experiment control technology;
- The use of technology for practical tasks.
- Analysis and evaluation of high-frequency dynamic processes:
- System of processing and analysis of high-frequency dynamic processes;
- Processing and analysis technology for high-frequency dynamic processes on the materials of flight tests;
- The use of technology for practical tasks.
- Flight research and testing of systems and tasks of an air traffic management (ATM) system built on advanced air navigation system (CNS / ATM) technologies:
- Ground bench and airfield base;
- Flight research and test technology for ATM systems and tasks built on CNS / ATM technologies;
- The use of technologies for practical tasks.
14. Research and testing of operational and technical characteristics of aircraft and systems.
- Participation in the development and maintenance of aircraft operation.
- Ergonomics and physiological research.
Professional training of flight crews includes:
theoretical and flight training programs;
the training course for students was compiled in accordance with the requirements for test pilots of aviation organizations of experimental aviation, and is designed for one-year training of pilots with higher education (higher flight schools of the Air Force or Civil Aviation).
The goal of theoretical training is:
- study of the main directions of development and improvement of aircraft and their powerplant aerodynamics ;
- study of the methods of ground operations and flight tests of modern aircraft, their power plants and on-board equipment;
- knowledge extending on the issues of air navigation, the composition of flight-navigation equipment, automatic control systems, flight-navigation systems, test methodology;
- study of normative legal acts regulating flight and test flight work in aviation organizations of experimental aviation;
- study of design features, strength, technical and flight operations planned for the practical mastering of aircraft types.
The flight training program consists of the following sections:
- training and consolidation of piloting skills on a new for the listener type of aircraft in aerodrome traffic circuit operation;
- flights in critical (non-standard) modes:
continued take-off with the engine off at take-off, piloting with one engine off;
- starting the engine in the air, braking before stalling, withdrawing from stalling, spin, landing with the engine off, etc.;
- instrument flights;
- flights to determine the characteristics of stability and controllability of the aircraft.
According to the results:
- of the first flight on each new type of aircraft, students write a term paper on the evaluation of a cockpit ergonomics, the qualitative assessment of the characteristics of stability and controllability.
- after completing the flight program and the processing of flight data, students write a second course work on determining the characteristics of stability and controllability of the aircraft, the definition of its flight performance on the basis of their own flights.
- they receive a large amount of theoretical knowledge and practical experience, allowing them to test different aircraft at a high professional level.
A vocational-oriented training (retraining) up to ICAO level 4 under the «Phraseology of Radio Exchange in English» program for flights on international airlines, certified by the Federal Transport Supervision Service of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation (licensed by the Federal Supervision Service for education and science).